Local Emergency Services:
San Francisco Mobile Crisis Team: 415-355-8300
Suicide Prevention Talkline: 415-781-0500
Talkline (Support for Parents): 415-441-kids
Mental Health Board San Francisco: www.mhbsf.org
Books for Parents:
- Braaten, Ellen. (2011). How to find mental health care for your child. Washington D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- Faraone, S.V. (2003). Straight talk about your child’s mental health: What to do when something seems wrong. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Excellent resource for questions and concerns on a variety of issues including ADHD, parenting tips, child development
- NAMI (National Alliance of the Mentally Ill): This is a great website. Check out the Child and Adolescent Action Center for the NAMI Family Guide; The NAMI resource guide
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Provides lots of information about mental illness and disorders.
- Child Advocate: Provides information on mental health, educational, legal and legislative issues.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Great resource for families dealing with ADHD
- The American Psychological Association: Provides information on mental health topics as well as referral information.
- National Institute of Mental Health: Provides information about current research in mental health topics.